Saturday, September 10, 2011

Video

Videos are great. In this day and age, a simple video blog from the lecturer can promote engagement. Videos of document cameras are really good too, especially in my area where verbal and textural communication is just not enough. Drawing diagrams and solving problems on paper with a pen right in front of the students’ eyes is just the best. I have used that so many times in my course. I just wish there was an easier way to do it from my home office, since I lecture casually and have a full-time day job. At the moment I use the doc camera in the ISL room and can flip to lecture cam easily too. I almost want a movable desk camera that I can turn to me, put on the paper or show small experiments with. Wow, there is just nothing that will meet having the students standing there with you is there? Virtual reality, here we come!

No comments:

Post a Comment