Saturday, September 10, 2011

Flickr

I am familiar with Flickr as my friends use it and I think I might have used it once. I can’t see particular relevance to teaching, except perhaps getting the students to take photos of something and put them up? We did this when I was at Purdue University. For research into primary school teachers’ understanding of what engineering was. We did pre and post intervention photos and they wrote a little about each photo. Flickr could be used to collate the photos.

I just tried to log into Flickr. I thought it would be easy since it takes a Google id and I had one of those. Then it asked for me to put in all my details. I was partially through that when it asked for a screen name. I tried Gemma, but that was already in use. I thought, here we go! So 6 tries later with strange combinations, I got so frustrated I had to shut down the computer and walk away!

This seems to be quite a trend with these technologies. They are SOOOO much more frustrating than I could ever have imagined and that is very depressing. While some of them would be good in my course, or other courses, until they become user friendly, I’m not touching them with a 10 foot pole!

No comments:

Post a Comment