Saturday, September 10, 2011

Creating Digital Books in Excel

While it was all very interesting to have a nice pretty book, is it useful for my context? I can see for kids, yes. I think it might be able to incorporate graphs and if I lock cells and only leave certain cells open for editing then it would change variables and that would be useful to show cause and effect in basic Physics. I did already know this and have made reporting packages for a couple of applications, one for emissions from the Stradbroke sand mines and the other for aligning an Instron testing machine.

What was pointless was that I have a Mac and even in the Help search, I could not find “speak cells”. I think that is a little condescending for uni students though! Great for young kids, especially since they are using computers more at younger ages and this could help them even write their own books, or complete sentences or stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment