Saturday, April 30, 2011

Gen Y - getting the job done

Not quite sure what this power point is supposed to mean. It is a very stereotypical view of a Gen Y student. While yes, they may have several things on the go at once while studying, that doesn’t mean they get less out of studying that anyone else. Perhaps… it helps. No, bear with me here. I sit down to read a paper and I get bored really easily, even though it is most relevant and actually quite interesting. It is the concentrating on one thing for too long that is the problem. Now, at the moment, I am sitting in front of TV and watching an interesting episode of Law & Order, Criminal Intent. Yes, yes, I read that article on how much longer things take when multi-tasking, but I could just be sitting here watching interesting TV and not doing the work as well because I am prone to procrastination about going into the study and focusing solely on the article. I know I’m not Gen Y, but doing 2 things ‘at the same time’ is meaning I’m getting the work done.

Does that mean that I would do all work in front of TV – no :)

No comments:

Post a Comment